Larry Jaques

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 23:54:09 -0400, the inscrutable Jeff Wisnia
spake:

You are entitled to your opinion Michael, and I'm sorry if you feel I'm
being a PIA about this but I try my best to be correct when I make
statements like that which I know some folks will feel must be wrong...

Take a look at the label on a jar of Hellman's mayo...

See any words like "Refrigerate after opening" anywhere on it?

Don't take my word for it, take Hellman's:

http://www.unilever800.com/hellmanns_faq/answer.asp?host=www.hellmanns.com&ID=3&Counter=1&W hen=6/3/2005

Something screwed the pooch on that link, Jeff. Firefox said "keyword:
" and then choked; IE chokes, too. Without the LT and GT signs, it
flies, though.

Note the word "indefinite" on that page...I don't think their lawyers
would let them say that if it wasn't true, 'eh?

It's the potatos, eggs and meats in those salads which "go bad", NOT the
mayo.

Interesting. This clears up the question I had about eggs in mayo,
too. http://www.dressings-sauces.org/pdf/mayoo.pdf
"Quality, not safety, is the only reason the labels on these products
suggest that they be refrigerated after opening."

--
"Not always right, but never uncertain." --Heinlein
-=-=-