George

"Leo Van Der Loo" wrote in message

Hi Chuck,

No thanks, I still have a half full container of it and also the
turnings I used it on, they still stink and feels greasy wet after 5 or
6 years sitting on a shelf in my shop, you can have it if you like (come
and get it) I will never use it again.

Chuck wrote:

SNIP/

You and Leo might want to go the Pentacryl route, if it means a lot to
you to be able to turn it. I've never used it, but it's supposed to
go a long way toward stabilizing unstable woods.

Think you're talking Polyethylene Glycol (PEG), Leo. I get more scum on the
top of mine than on a working sauerkraut crock after soaking green wood, but
I lift it, check the SG and keep on soaking mallets in it anyway.

Pentacryl is sort of like painting the surface with thinned carpenter's
glue, it seems.