John Rumm

I would avoid moving the modem. The incoming coax from the outside
world isn't the same as standard TV cable and, as you have found, it
uses screw-on 'F' connectors.

Erm, well it is standard (foil screened, i.e. CT100) co-ax. F connectors
are nothing special, about a quid for ten from CPC (or a quid each from
other places)

I'd recommend that you extend the cable that runs between your PC and
the modem. It will be Cat5 network cable (using a connector that looks
similar to a phone plug) or it might be USB. Both types of cable are

It it is cat5 then this is a good suggestion, if it is USB however then
not so good. Note that most telewest modems I have seen are Motorola
ones that have both CAT5 and USB. So even if you are vcurrently using
USB then you can switch to ethernet.

To convert from USB to cat5, you need to install a network card in the
PC and re-install the blueyonder software.

(the blueyonder software only defaults to installing the USB drivers and
stuff if it does not detect a network card during its installation.

(you could also add a wireless broadband router to the ethernet port on
the modem and forget about wires. Linksys do a nice one that works well
on Telewest)

--
Cheers,

John.