lionslair at consolidated dot net

Thinking of building a pole barn shop about 24x32. Have to do by
myself. has to have gravel as I am on a limited budget. Will be
adjacent to my house.

What is the cheapest way to go about this and make it look nice?

Is it ok to use 4x6x12 posts 2 feet in the ground?

The pole barn my friend built some years ago was from a load of power poles.

Sold off the power company manufacturing lot. He dug 4' holes and hand set
the poles by himself! - No rigging.

He dug the hole. Then slotted in one side - long gentle slope to the bottom.
Then the pole is rolled so the end is near the hole - pole bumps down the
slot and starts to stand up - Once planted, he walked up the pole - standing
it up and then he tied it off to his tractor and filled/ packed the hole.

Typically the power poles are only 3-4 feet deep - once packed that is strong.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life