Gunner

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 11:10:10 -0400, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

I long ago learned that soda in plastic bottles loses its fizz after a
few months because the CO2 slowly leaks right through the plastic, but I
thought that soda in cans would keep "forever".

Being a survivalist..I tend to stockpile foods and beverages. Like
you, I recently discovered some soft drinks tucked away. 2 liter
bottles of Mt. Dew. Purchased in 1999 and kept cool and dry.

They were just hunky dory when I drank them, proper fizz and
everything, though to my conisewer taste buds G it was just a smidge
off. Which may have been a result of variation in formulation as I
occasionally get a bottle that tastes the "off" when bottled at a
different location.

Gunner, who can readily tell if Dew comes from tap, can, 2 liter or 12
oz bottle G

for torturing the cat." Gunner