John Stumbles

Default Upgrading GCH to sealed system - Expansion Vessel Question

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Mon, 10 May 2004 13:16:59 +0000 (UTC), "MIKE THORNE"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 9 May 2004 22:14:42 +0100, "John Stumbles"
wrote:

"Vortex" wrote in message

Actually I was thinking of the Fernox Gel so the capacity is a non

issue
really.

Cheaper to buy a cheap pump-spray (Hozelok garden sprayer type) and
bog-standard liquid Fernox and use the sprayer to squirt the liguid in
through the filling loop connection point (with suitable adaptation to
sprayer to get it to 15mm or 1/2" BSP)

My patented adaptation to do that is:

- Cut aluminium tube of sprayer lance.

- This fits an 8mm compression fitting.

- Short length of 8mm copper tube for other side of fitting

- 8mm solder female x 15mm male adaptor

- 15mm compression service valve with nut and olive on one side
discarded. A male to male compression coupler would do, but I had a
discarded service valve.

- Connect filling loop braided hose to above

- Pump away. (as it were).

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Fernox do a filler kit, Wolseley centre catalogue number 603120. at £44

it
could sound expensive but if you are using cleanser and inhib every 3

years
it cuts down on the hassle. It comes with 2 rad vent adaptors (useless)

but
the hose adapts to a filling loop hose quite readily with a 15 mail iron

and
a 10mm insert.

True.... but in reality, all it is is a garden type sprayer with some
bits which with the above shopping list I can make in about 5 minutes
for £15.

Fifteen squid?! Blimey, guv - they saw you coming didn't they?!
;-)

Reckon I paid about £7 for my sprayer, add say £1 for 15mm x 8mm s/r fitting
reducer (the bulge of the s/r on the 8mm end helps hold the sprayer pipe),
another quid for an all-plastic s/f tap connector to go onto a filling loop
connection, and 1p for a cable tie to hold the pipe onto the reducer.