Bob G.

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 04:22:29 GMT, "Grendel"
wrote:

gonna paint my front railing that's rusty in areas. Here's my plan

1. Cover area with dropcloths
2.. Remove loose paint and loose rust with wire brush Leave light surface
rust as is.
3. Lightly sand whole railing for better paint adhesion
4. Wash railing and let it dry
5. Use rust inhibitor and/or Rustoleom primer to prevent rust from coming
back and to stop stop surface rust
6. Paint with brush using Rustoleom glossy. I think glossy would look neat.

Step 6 is what I have a question about. Do I need to use the rust inhibitor
separate stuff as well as priming? Or does the combination of the Rustoleum
primer and paint do the same thing and therefore that's enough?

If it is Iron it will rust....

But I sand blasted my railings (just much easier then wire brushing
the surface rust off... then I sprayed
the railings with Por 15 .... followed a few days later with regular
black exterior oil based paint...

This was about 4 to 5 years ago and to be honest they still look
good... I'm happy...

Bolb G.