SteveB

"Grendel" wrote in message
news:9Qvne.7376$vK5.5507@trnddc03...
gonna paint my front railing that's rusty in areas. Here's my plan

1. Cover area with dropcloths
2.. Remove loose paint and loose rust with wire brush Leave light surface
rust as is.
3. Lightly sand whole railing for better paint adhesion
4. Wash railing and let it dry
5. Use rust inhibitor and/or Rustoleom primer to prevent rust from coming
back and to stop stop surface rust
6. Paint with brush using Rustoleom glossy. I think glossy would look
neat.

Step 6 is what I have a question about. Do I need to use the rust
inhibitor
separate stuff as well as priming? Or does the combination of the
Rustoleum
primer and paint do the same thing and therefore that's enough?

Sounds like a good plan. The combo paint will work just fine, but I find a
small roller MUCH easier to use, better coverage, faster coverage.

STeve