Harry K

Ken Moiarty wrote:
... without getting stung multiple times, that is? Can someone direct me to
a do-it-yourself FAQ in this topic? (I have a notion that this common
home-owner problem probably gets asked about and answered on a regular
basis.) Thanks.

With best regards, Ken Moiarty. E-mail:

This time of year, the nests -should- be empty. The queens are just
starting their brood. You should be hanging wasps traps up there now to
trap them. Also the common paper wasps do not re-use a nest. Most of
what you are seeing should be empty for that reason. I use the long
distance spray cans that I can spray from at least 15 ft away. Have
done it in the middle of a warm day with no problem but that was
outside.

Harry K