Andy Hall

Default Hitachi Power tools

On Mon, 10 May 2004 17:03:58 +0100, "Jim White"
wrote:

Hi
I posted this above in another thread but it may not be seen, so will try
here.
I'm about to buy a new jig-saw and had pretty much settled on the Makita
4340, when I noticed an Hitachi CJ120V in Bradford's.
does anyone have any experience with Hitachi power tools? are they as good
as/better than Makita/Bosch?

Thanks
Jim

I have a Hitachi circular saw which is relatively new - has a diecast
base, electric brake and good adjustment.

I also have a quite old Hitachi rechargeable drill which has stood the
test of time.

I went on a jigsaw search a few months ago and eventually settled on a
Bosch GST100BCE. This has been well reviewed and works very well.
The main point that I've found is that it's possible to cut very well
controlled lines that are not possible on DIY grade jigsaws.

THe price point is similar to Hitachi and Makita in the £100-110 range

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl