Stefek Zaba

wig wrote:

As I said there is only 1 thread, with about 30 replies, including the
ones about thunderbird.

That's not a generally-valid conclusion. What you have is *one*
observation, showing that with a particular version of a particular news
client (or not-so-near offer), accessing a particular news server, you
see one thread. Not all newsreaders thread the same way, and -
particularly - web-news gateways notoriously louse up threading by not
passing References: headers decently, forcing different newsreaders to
make different guesses about what belongs in one thread.

DIYbanter for some reason does not reply in a
thread format, even though I am here replying to specific posts, on the
newsgroup all my replies are showing as replies to the OP, they are not
new threads, just new replies to the OP. This is NOT my fault it is
the fault of DIYbanter.

diybanter is merely leeching off a well-established newsgroup (uk.d-i-y)
which works very well as a newsgroup. Like nearly all Web-news
interfaces, it sucketh. Different ones sucketh differently. Ones which
are established with the main aim of providing an advertising wrapper
around an established community-of-interest tend to suck mightily. 's
life...

Hope your car's spoiler's back in place now - Stefek