Jeff Rigby

"chaseme5" wrote in message
lkaboutelectronicequipment.com...
I called a shop today and they qouted me $800.00 to $ 900.00 TO FIX a
Mitsubishi VS-50703 that has a leaky projection tube which has leaked onto
and shorted the main board! They said 3 days of work, $800 is just for
labor. Is this legit?

Just serviced one. IF the main board is totaled it's $250 for a new board
and then labor. IF repairable, most of the time it is, labor to repair can
be expensive as you have to find the traces that have been opened by
electrolysis. But it should be less than a new board.

Max for your repair here would be $470.00. The last one I repaired was $220
and I fixed two open traces cleaned and sealed the board as well as
installed a drip shield.

What is the symptom(s)?