Robatoy

In article ,
"Highland Pairos" wrote:

[circumsnipped]

I tend to take the tools to the bigger tasks, rather than the other way
around. Such is my trade. My type of countertops seldom travel over
stationary tools, unless it is to cut blanks for one of my fine
solid-surface-edged custom laminate tops. (BTW, did I tell you I
fabricate solid surface countertops?)g
The methods of sizing big panels has become second nature.
I use a variety of aluminum fences 6" wide by 1/4" thick, 36", 50", 100"
and 150" Aluminum by the pound... cheap.
In case of a fridge panel, or somesuch, I'd strap on a fence and make a
rough cut with a sharp circular saw to within 1/8" of where I want to be.
Then I move the fence with some indexes I made which line up the extra
large square routerbase with the fence so that the sharp 1 1/8" bit
takes off the last 1/8"
Always crisp, never any tear-outs or rattyness.
Works for me, and yessir, it can work for you too!
Send $29.95 to receive a printed version of this post, an heirloom for
your kids, yessir, 50 years from now, they'll open up the envelope and
say: WTF???