Chuck

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 14:25:05 -0700, "Lynn Coffelt"
wrote:

Boiling? I've been lurking here for a couple of years, but have apparently
missed any detailed description of the boiling process. Any pointers would
be appreciated. I'm almost up to beginner stage, and have a little lilac
pieces that I've been saving for maybe three months, outside in the weather.
3 to 5 inches in diameter, 2 to 4 feet long. Some end checking, of course,
but now I must get serious and do something. (or wait until need for
firewood returns)

Basically the formula is, one hour boiling per inch of thickness (I
believe), allow to cool in its own water, remove and dry.

You and Leo might want to go the Pentacryl route, if it means a lot to
you to be able to turn it. I've never used it, but it's supposed to
go a long way toward stabilizing unstable woods.

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

September 11, 2001 - Never Forget