Wayne Boatwright

On Wed 01 Jun 2005 08:51:04p, ConcreteFinishing&StuccoGuy wrote in
alt.home.repair:

Why a pain? Just about to buy a SS unit and you have touched on a
interesting point---they are sposed to be less maintenance????

If you want it to look like new, you'll spend more time cleaning and
polishing the SS than you will cooking. SS hoods also tend to darken with
high heat exposure. That takes a lot of elbow grease.

The grill I bought is predominantly SS with some black porcelain trim. I
finally decided to hell with it and let the appearance go. I keep it
clean, but it still looks like hell without the polishing. It still
grills well.

Remove the obvious to reply. Experienced and reliable
Concrete Finishing and Synthetic Stucco application in the GTA.
"Wayne Boatwright" wrote in message
On Mon 30 May 2005 11:23:58p, Rudy wrote in alt.home.repair:

Thinking of getting (finally) a gas grill.
Don't know very much about them.

Have read Consumers Reports, but see in the papers many grills on
sale at Sears carrying the Kenmore label. Quite a bit cheaper that
Weber or Vermont Castings.
CR hasn't offered any opinions on these Kenmore ones

Have you looked at the SS grills at Costco ?

Great grill. I'd buy it if it weren't SS. SS is a royal PITA.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

--