wig wig is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wig
What are you talking about 4 threads for?
snip
I guess I might have to "come down there to see for myself".
OK, I have just been to outlook express and gone to the newsgroup UK DIY. To see what all the fuss is about to what was from me a simple question.

There is only one thread called "double sided sticky pads" It has it's source OP posted by wig on 31-05-05 - 14:52
In reply to this was the next one duplicate post at 14:54 I edited the one at 14:52 on diybanter to apologise for the duplicate post and also asked if you could see the edit. To explain this to you, DIYbanter has a time delay, before it posts the message to the newsgroups, if you edit the post (before it gets posted by diybanter to the newsgroup) then the edited post will be posted to the newsgroup. This is what happened here.

My subsequent edit to put in "elephants can't be choosers" only shows up on the www forum & not in the newsgroup. So Just to be clear the edited post will show on the newsgroup if it is edited before diybanter posts it to the newsgroup.

As I said there is only 1 thread, with about 30 replies, including the ones about thunderbird. DIYbanter for some reason does not reply in a thread format, even though I am here replying to specific posts, on the newsgroup all my replies are showing as replies to the OP, they are not new threads, just new replies to the OP. This is NOT my fault it is the fault of DIYbanter.

Now I have decided to stop coming to DIYbanter because although the principle is a good idea to link the web with a newsgroup in practice obviously there are things not meshing well together. I have decided it is more hassle than it is worth and I will go to a different 100% onine www forum.

I hope you can all now understand what the confusion was, it is easy for confusion to build up because we are viewing from 2 different platforms. I was not "snipping" I did "edit" the post, I just edited it before it was sent to the newsgroup.

Let this be an end to it all.

Last edited by wig : June 2nd 05 at 02:15 PM