James Sweet

"Lou" wrote in message
o.verio.net...
Hi,

Some one dropped of a Sears Craftsman Electric Weed Whacker - the electric
cord was all taped up, a white wire sticking out of the handle near the
trigger. It was pinched when the handle was attempted to be reassembled.

I was told, this unit was "shocking" the owner when being used. I'm not

much
of a fan of "electric" weed whackers, therefore paid little attention to
them. This model has a 2 prong plug on it, the cord - the basic appliance
type cord of 15 Amp or so.

Did any/all of these types of weed whackers use a 2 prong plug? Why not a
3 - with a ground???? I'm wondering if this cord was replaced before being
brought here. I haven't opened it up as yet - to take a look see. Was

hoping
to get some info on this thing before hand. There is no model number on it
that I can see. The only label left on it, is "Craftsman".

IF there is a Sears site or anywhere else I can go to get the wiring

scheme
on this, please let me know.

Thanks,

Lou

I've never seen an electric weed eater with a 3 prong plug, they're always
double insulated. It's better that way since it's all too common for people
to cut off the ground prong.