CW

It sounds like the same kind of setup my JET has. Lift the bag slightly and
push up on one side of the ring. When it is tilted, it slides right out.
"Pat Barber" wrote in message
I tried that method BUT the problem is that the ring is
"inside" the collector with no way to "get behind" the
band and "push" but I do understand what you saying.

I'm thinking about using a method that is used in the
electronics industry.

Using a piece of flat "ribbon" with one loop around the
band, I should be able to grab the ribbon from outside
the bag and "pull" the band toward the inside and release
the pressure.

This is similar to the ribbons found in a
battery compartment of a electronic device.

(sounds good on paper but we shall see)

tom wrote:

Yabbut, you'll still have to empty out the bag every now and then. If
Mr. Barber's talkin' about what I think he's talkin' about, try pushing
radially on the bag at one point as near to the ring as possible. The
ring should bend inward, allowing removal. I think... Tom