Doug Miller

In article .com, "Never Enough Money" wrote:

Perhaps I don't know what a newsreader is. The one I thought I tried
about two years ago was far inferior to Google.

Which one did you try?

MickeySoft Outhouse and Outhouse Express are not newsreaders. Neither is
Netscape.

I use NewsXpress mostly, Microplanet Gravity sometimes. Lots of regulars here
use Forte Agent or Free Agent.

BTW, I notice huge numbers of folks do the same as I do - they don't
quote anything. That makes me suspect your use of the word "majority".

Take a look at the headers on those posts: nearly all of them are using the
same broken Google interface you use. Then compare them to the number of posts
that properly quote what they're replying to, and you'll see that (a) there
are quite a bit more of the latter than the former, and (b) almost *none* of
the latter are using Google Groups.

I'll also check the settings/preferences on Google. Perhaps it will
"quote"

Let us hope so. Perhaps in time Google could be persuaded to make quoting the
default behavior - but given their utter lack of responsiveness to anything
*else* involving newsgroups, I'm not holding my breath.

or maybe you can tell me where to find a "newsreader" that I
don't have to be a computer scientists to download, upload, overload,
install, figure out, etc.

Google on any of the newsreaders that I named above. NewsXpress in particular
is dirt-simple to install and use.

--
Regards,