raden

In message , wig
writes
Nothing gets edited on uk.d-i-y

it has no moderator and nobody with the authority (or inclination) to
do

so
geoff

Hmmm,

well three people have replied quoting the edited/changed text I made.
Those three people were all usenet posters. So either my edited text
was posted as a 'reply' to the original, or the post was indeed edited
on the usenet news group. - which is interesting if nothing else.

No that's called snipping

Removal of irrelevant crap so that other people don't have to read it

It's a basic courtesy

Other previous poster, I know how to use newsgroups, I just choose not
to, I prefer www based forums. Thanks for your information.

I'm not trying here to be rude or smart aleck with people, this post is
intended to be courteous. I was just interested if my usenet post would
be edited.

"Ok I understand the killfile part now, he was replying to quoted
text
given by another usenet user."

From what you've written above and the fact that you've ended up
creating four threads out of one, I really think you don't understand
how to use newsgroups

--
geoff