Rick

On Tue, 31 May 2005 13:55:11 +0100, wig
wrote:

If I was in charge, I would abolish all VAT on renewable energy
products, e.g. solar panels, wind turbines & inverters etc. And then
I would allow people to install the equipment themselves or in any way
they wanted, such as using a local builder. Then in order to get a
grant of 50% of the cost of materials I would require that the
installation was checked over by an "accredited engineer" and that if a
grid connect was to be done that this engineer would do that bit. On
top of this I would introduce a scheme where the electricity companies
had to pay you about 35p/Kwh produced, and the electric companies could
reclaim from the government about 20p of this amount.

You are far too sensible to be in charge