George

"Leif Thorvaldson" wrote in message
The ratio of LDD, seems problematic. If Rick's ratio works for him,

great.
The thing that I hang my hat on is that I have the same LDD in a "vat"

that
I started with, and with the addition of a quart or two of LDD once a

year,
really doesn't cost any more except for the initial investment

($15.00???).
Perhaps more has to be added when you are processing more wood, as the

water
from the wood will thin the solution. I kept a check on it with a
hydrometer for about a year and found out that adding a quart or so of LDD
kept the Specific Gravity of the 50/50 solution at the recommended ratio.

Why should the ratio seem problematic? If the bush burns but is not
consumed, why should the number of branches affect the light?

If there were some sort of chemical reaction, of course, conventional
chemistry would demand replacement of reagent.

If there were a physical replacement, what did the replacement would have to
be regularly replenished.