DaveW

"Patch" wrote in message
news:1117649978.ef403cb0337e277afeb08f1b77454866@t eranews...
I've got a Huskee riding mower, 15.5 Hp, Tecumseh engine. Lately I
have to have the choke pulled out about 1\3 to keep it running.
I've replaced the plug, cleaned the air-cleaner, replaced the gas
line filter. I've sprayed about a 1\3 can of carb cleaner into the
carb with the engine running. No improvement so far. Any
suggestions on what to try next?

Thanks

Yes, do look for and air leak.
If none found, locate highspeed air/fuel mixture adjustment on carb
and turn counter-clockwise in 1/8 turn increment (while engine is
running, choke open and operating temperature) until it runs smooth.
If it bogs down under heavy load, give it another 1/8 turn.

Oh.... if the problem is when idling, locate the idle mixture screw
and do the same procedure as above.