Dimitrios Tzortzakakis

I understand that, but I think that probably japanese products will have
labels and instructions in japanese, and most companies have an entirely
different brand-name in japanese, than in export models.The problems with
different voltages and frequencies appear in European Union railways.In
Switzerland,Austria and Germany, the catenary system is 15kV, 16 2/3 HZ, and
of course everything, from normal locomotives to the high speed ICE is
designed only for this.In France is 1.5 kV and 3 kV DC, and in Greece we
have now 25 kV 50 Hz, so a German series locomotive would be totally
useless.

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr

"Dimitrios Tzortzakakis"

The extension for japanese websites is .co.jp , and most products made

for
japanese market aren't probably even listed in international sites.Even

if
TJ does it with the voltage, there's still the problem with the

different
mains frequency.

** Japan has both 50Hz and 60 Hz AC power, see:

http://kropla.com/electric2.htm

As a result, appliances made for their local market normally have
transformers made to cope with 50 Hz.

As a rule, even Japanese gear sold into the USA is OK on 50 Hz power, it

is
only US and Canadian made gear sold for local use where the transformers

are
sized purely for 60 Hz.