donald

Oh..one other thing. Since the sandbox is 10x12, the roof will actually be
12x14.

"donald" wrote in message
I am going to put a simple lattus (or however it is spelled) using 2x10
horizontal supports. with 2x6 cross members..

"Stephen M" wrote in message
No enough info.

It depends on the size of the horizontal cross piece supporting the roof.
The bigger the header, the longer the span.

Is there a snow load to be carried in the winter?

Steve

"donald" wrote in message
I am going to build a roof over an existing sandbox which is 12'x10'.
How
many posts will be required for construction? I was thinking three posts

on
the long end and two on the short end. Is this sufficient or could I
actually get by with four?

Thanks in advance.