G Henslee

excap wrote:
I had heard a few years back that Wal-Mart Paint was Excellent...made by one
of the big guns in the paint industry. At the time, I bought Wal-Mart
interior paint with good results.

Is there exterior paint just as good? I will be painting my house this next
month and would like to get the best paint there is for the best possible
price. Wal-Mart is going for $60 for 5 gallon pail.

fwiw

Most of Wal-mart's paint is made by Sherwin Williams and Valspar. I know
that because a good friend of mine was a sales rep for both paint
companys over the years and he told me so. He also told me about a
WalMart paint product called Multi-Use. He said when it hit the market
he questioned the vast array of surfaces the product touted it would
work on.

He tested it himself on different ypes of wood, new metal, rusty metal
aluminum, drywall, even hardibacker among other things. He left the
stuff outside for 6 mos. and said that virtually every surface still
looked as good as the day he first painted them. he claims it's an
excellent product for interior or exterior.

He's a very experienced (now retired) painter as well himself and is no
longer tied to either paint mfger anymore, or Walmart for that matter
and could care less what anyone else uses so I trust his judgement.