Joseph Meehan

Me wrote:
I am looking at 2 different Carrier HVAC sytems.
#1 includes a Performance 93 (58MTA080) , a Performance 12 AC
(38TZA036 & CC5AXA036 coil) with a Thermidistat(TSTATCCPRH01).
$7500
#2 Infinity system including the Infinity 96 furnace (58MVP080) and
Infinity 18 AC (38TDB036) along with the Infinity Control.
$8700
Both systems include all installation, permits, sales tax, electrical,
correcting some airlfow issues by installing some manual dampers and
also a 10 year parts and labor warranty on entire system. The price
is out the door and I have already calculated any rebates into price
posted above. Do those 2 prices sound like a good deal? I am still
undecided if i want to spend the addtional money for the infinity
system. I live in southwest Ohio. It is so hard to compare prices
between contractors as the quality of the install plays a big part
and the cheapest isnt always the best. The contractor is a Carrier
Distinquished Dealer and a Factory Authorized dealer.

As Stretch indicated, there is more to a system than the mechanics. The
best mechanical system will not be as good as a fair system if it is not
sized and installed properly. This goes for replacements as well as new
installs.

I suggest you start by picking a contractor first, then the equipment
based on their experienced opinions.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit