Eric

Ken Moiarty wrote:

... without getting stung multiple times, that is? Can someone direct me
a do-it-yourself FAQ in this topic? (I have a notion that this common
home-owner problem probably gets asked about and answered on a regular
basis.) Thanks.

With best regards, Ken Moiarty. E-mail:

First:
If the nests are big, (larger than a softball), go get a professional!
Dont mess with big bees nests, you'll be sorry. Trust me on this one...
Next:
If the nests are small then I'd go get a few cans of fogger type bee killer.
Open the trap door (or the pull down stairs) very early on a cool morning,
be carefull and quiet (ie no vibration) and set about 4 of em on a floor
joist, punch each ones "start tab" and quickly close the door.
Next day, about the same time, go back up and check. If all seems well,
hit each nest with the long distance stream foam type bee killer.
Leave it for at least a day, then you can **probably** take the nests down,
Eric