Marc Newman

On Sun, 29 May 2005 08:35:54 -0400, "Robert11"
wrote:

Hello:

Thinking of getting (finally) a gas grill.
Don't know very much about them.

Have read Consumers Reports, but see in the papers many grills on sale
at Sears carrying the Kenmore label. Quite a bit cheaper that Weber or
Vermont Castings.
CR hasn't offered any opinions on these Kenmore ones, apparently.

Realize you tend to get what you pay for, but was wondering if anyone
has any experience with the Kenmore branded ones ?

Thanks,
Bob

I opted for the Kenmore 5 burner over the Weber Genesis C about 2
months ago. The Kenmore has ss burners and grates but the "body" is
not stainless. I didn't want the extra work of keeping it clean.
Assembly took about an hour which is longer than with a Weber, but the
instructions were clear and easy to follow. Some of the Weber's parts
were flimsy compared to the Kenmore, particularly the grates and
doors. Grease removal is also easy like the Weber with a disposable
drip pan system that can be easily reached.

Temperature is easy to maintain and control. I have been able to keep
temps at 215-225 for barbequing and in the 550 range for searing.

Both grills were in the same price range $500-600.