On 29-May-2005, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

Just enough nails to hold it in place while the glue dries.

I asked about just gluing all these trim pieces in place but apparently
that's a really bad idea in a kitchen where the wood is going to move a lot
from the humidity. Oh well. Using 1" #18 brads so perhaps "nailing" was a
bit of a misnomer.

Afraid to use a power nailer. This stuff splits very easily. Cracked 1 toe
kick endcap before i decided to snip the heads off as well. Yes, that was
with pre-drilling. Not pre-drilling is a non-starter.

All is well now. Things proceeding nicely. First time I've done any finish
work like this and aside from that one crack everything is looking good.

The cove moulding will be the test.