there are some chipped ones yes but he cut them back until he hit firmly set
tile and then troweled in floor leveler (Jasco) to get a level surface.
Also where the tiles are chipped are areas that are actually underneath the
base cabinets and up against the toe kick. Those areas won't get much
vertical force on them. Like I said, if it's possible to do at all then I
think it can be done here. I was more concerned with prep of the surface
for adhesion than the integrity of the surface flexion.

still, I very much appreciate the input.

ml