SteveB

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello:

Thinking of getting (finally) a gas grill.
Don't know very much about them.

Have read Consumers Reports, but see in the papers many grills on sale
at Sears carrying the Kenmore label. Quite a bit cheaper that Weber or
Vermont Castings.
CR hasn't offered any opinions on these Kenmore ones, apparently.

Realize you tend to get what you pay for, but was wondering if anyone
has any experience with the Kenmore branded ones ?

Thanks,
Bob

I saw Kenmore grills, and was really turned on. They look fabulous.

But I bought a Vermont Castings. It is blue, and only partial stainless
steel.

That stainless is a royal PITA. I could not imagine having a grill that had
about five times the amount of stainless that the VC has. A guy would have
to spend a lot of time just keeping it looking decent.

I can't say how much I like the VC. The porcelain grills. The lighter that
works first time every time. The accurate temperature control. The ability
to bake in it by putting the food on one side and the flame on the other.
The massive weight that keeps in the heat. The overall good looks. The
good construction.

It is the best grill I have ever owned, but all my other ones were the $150
aluminum body cheapos, or garage sale derelicts.

Consider keeping all that stainless clean when picking a grill. It is only
gonna look nice for a couple of days, unless you want to spend a lot of time
keeping it clean.

Steve