Stormin Mormon wrote:

Self propelled will be heavier to bring home from the store, and also

I like front wheel drive. Because when you're turning a corner, you push
down on the handle and the front wheels come up. And you can leave the drive
running, and then you can stand still.

Trying to lift the handle to lift the rear drive wheels is a pain.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Garden" wrote in message
Hi,

I am in a market for buying lawnmower and at this point I am not sure if I
should consider self-propelled one or just push mower. Up to now I used
electric mower and it did good job, just I am tiered of wires hanging around
me - so I definatelly want gas mower. I want more freedome when mowing my
lawn. It is flat (no hills) land, 50x120 with the house in the middle and
pool in the corner. So there is not that much grass, but still... Now should
I consider buying self-propelled lawn mower? If yes, then it is better to
have front or back weels propelled? What else should I look in a grass
mower? I live in Ontario, Canada.

Thanks for all answers

June 2005 Consumer Reports has an article and tests of mowers. Its on
newstands. Worth a read.

LB