jdk

Speedy Jim wrote:
lucy wrote:

Need advice.. the kitchen sink has started to have a bad odor the past
couple of weeks, on the disposal side.
I have tried the citrus rind thing.. grinding them with a few ice cubes.
I have tried the baking soda and vinegar and then boiling water after
it foams for a bit.
These work for 1-2 days at most.
Anyone else encountered this or have any other suggestions?
tia,
lucy

It could be mold growth *inside* the drain piping.
All of the piping and fittings which are *upstream*
of the trap can give off odors. Frequently, soap crud
and grease build up and provide a perfect place for
molds to grow.

Sometimes pouring bleach down will help, but I've found
that the long-term fix is to disassemble and clean out
the pipe sections.

Just one possibility; there may be other causes.

Jim

i had that problem. i waited till i changed the counter and sink. i also
changed the rubber at the top of the disposal. it looks like when they
get old mold and stuff grow easier inside underneath.