Sylvan Butler

On 28 May 2005 05:03:18 -0700, Mikepier wrote:
a good flush. I believe it is because the bowl does not fill with water
completely after a flush. I have adjusted the float, and the flapper is

Neither of which have much to do with filling the bowl...

there is a plastic adjusting screw on the side. Look at this figure.
The screw is on the right side:

http://www.plumbingsupply.com/images/fillvalve-1b1x.jpg
What is this screw for?

Couldn't tell you. But from the diagram I don't think it has anything
to do with the problem.

The hose coming from the side of the fill valve should be directed into
the overflow. The water coming from this hose fills the bowl while the
main flow from the fill valve fills the tank until stopped by the float.

In other words, is water coming from the hose, and is it all going down
the overflow tube? If so, the bowl should fill. If it doesn't, perhaps
that plastic screw does adjust the flow thru that hose. Remember (or
mark) the starting position and try turning it a turn or two and see.

sdb

sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com