Kevin Ricks

"dean" wrote in message
oups.com...
Because I've been tempted to buy some of the new Honda 4 cylcle
engine-powers garden equipment, and until recently the really small
engines have always been 2 cycle. Or at least I think they have.

Dean

Just bought a 4 cycle Troy-Bilt string trimmer and I am happy with it so
far. Here are some things I have found.
It weighs about 1 pound more than the 2 cycle model (as stated in brochure).
The 4 cyc units cost about $60 more than similar 2 cycle models.
The 4 seems to vibrate a bit more, but not too bad.
It seems quieter than the 2, but I still wear ear plugs.
After using the 4, my hair & cloths don't smell like burnt oil gas mix.
My owners manual states that a valve clearance adjustment must be done every
so often. 10 hrs 1st time - 25 hours after that. Same for oil changes.

I went to the 4 because I was tired of having to mix oil/gas. I have 3
different things with 2 cyc engines, and all 3 required different mix ratio.

Kevin