Charles Spitzer

wrote in message
news:ESIle.356$rp.286@fed1read02...
we're about to lay porcelain tile now that the cabinets are installed.

I would think that grouting is a very messy process. Are there any tips
for
protecting the nice maple toe kick facing and caps other than common sense
masking? Installer is planning on a uniform 3/8 in grout line along the
base cabinet/tile interface. This matches the line width between the 18
sq
inch tiles.

Perhaps it's more clever to tile up to the base cabinet and cover the gap
with shoe moulding, though admittedly the grout line would look pretty
slick
as long as it doesn't make a mess of everything.

thanks in advance for comments
ml

blue masking tape.