Joseph Meehan

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Years ago, I learned that two stroke engines have more HP per pound of
engine weight.

That can be true, but not always. I believe it was more likely years
ago. Today there is a lot more work being done of four cycle engines
because the two cycles are so dirty and production will likely be shut down
in the future for pollution control issues. They are just too hard to clean
up.

Cause the piston fires on every stroke. Four cycles
have an exhaust stroke, which means that the cylinder fires every
second time. I believe the spark plug sparks every time the cylinder
comes up. But, during the exhaust stroke, the spark is wasted.

Many or most of the lawn mowers I've worked on (almost all four
stroke) the oil has been low.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit