Doug Kanter

I know what you mean, but the reel mowers are quite a bit lighter than a
power mower. However, I think they're best for long, straight mowing where
you can maintain a constant speed. For weird corners, they can be less than
spectacular.

"Mark" wrote in message
I couldn't immagine pushing a lawnmower ever again. I do enjoy taking my
walk around the yard, but I'm not going to be pushing something as well.

On Thu, 26 May 2005 18:03:34 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

wrote:

Haven't used one in 20 years. The one I had did a good job of cutting,
except in tight spaces where I couldn't get enough speed to make the reels
turn fast. Maybe there are better ones now.

wrote in message
groups.com...
Depending on your tastes, the current generation of human-powered reel
mowers might be an option. Quiet, easy to start, and some are very
light too.

I chucked the bagging rotary. And enjoy a few minutes' exercise
smelling the grass.

We've become addicted to cheap energy.

HTH,
John