Andy Hill

"Garden" wrote:
Size of lot is in feet 50x120. Again, in the middle of the lot there is a
house and in the corner in backyard there is a pool.
Although I am happy now with electric mower, if based on NYT I'll be able to
cut grass 2 times faster with gas mower, I would be very happy.
Thanks

OK, so a 6000 sq ft lot, so maybe 3000 sq ft of lawn...probably less. I have a
hard time believing a gas mower will save any time over an electric on something
that small -- you're going to be spending most of your time turning, futzing
around obstructions, etc. Not a lot of straight line stuff like on a bigger
lawn. IMHO, the increased eminence required of a gas mower would more than
offset any time savings. Hey, but the proof's in the pudding -- borrow a
neighbor's gas mower for an hour, and see what you think.