Andy Hill

"Garden" wrote:

Thank you everyone for answers.
This is summary of what I found with help from all of you so far:
There are chargeable electric mowers, but I do not like them because " A
review in The New York Times estimates that it takes about twice as long to
mow a lawn with a cordless mower, compared with a gasoline-powered model".
(http://www.consumersearch.com/www/la...fullstory.html)
I did consider looking into robotic mowers as here someone sugested. I do
have roomba vacum cleaner and it does perfect job when rooms are
Roomba-proffed (so it will not stuck). But beacause some of my lawn is in
front of house and some in the back of house and because of price this is
not an option right now.
I believe human-powered reel mowers would be too much hasle. I belive my
lawn is a bit too big for them.
So I am stuck with gas powered mower.
I understood that some of you hate front weel powered mowers and some of you
hate back weel powered movers. No consensus here.
But I am sure now that if I'll go with self-propelled, I will buy just a
mower with multiple speeds.
My current electric mower is 4.5HP and I assume I should gas mower will have
to be also at least 4.5HP. Not sure if it is worth going 6.5HP.
I went to HD during luch and was surprised to find that these gas mowers are
so much havier than electric ones, especially ones with over 6HP power and
self propelled.

Thanks again for all your help. I am still doing my research.

The NYT opinion notwithstanding, you're already mowing with an electric (which
sure as hell isn't 4.5 "true" HP -- that's 28 amps @ 120V...no way). A decent
rechargeable isn't going to be any more gutless that what you already have.

It'd sure help to know if the dimensions of your yard are in feet or meters,
'tho.