Andy Hill

"Garden" wrote:
I am in a market for buying lawnmower and at this point I am not sure if I
should consider self-propelled one or just push mower. Up to now I used
electric mower and it did good job, just I am tiered of wires hanging around
me - so I definatelly want gas mower. I want more freedome when mowing my
lawn. It is flat (no hills) land, 50x120 with the house in the middle and
pool in the corner. So there is not that much grass, but still... Now should
I consider buying self-propelled lawn mower? If yes, then it is better to
have front or back weels propelled? What else should I look in a grass
mower? I live in Ontario, Canada.

For that small of a yard, and considering that an electric did the job for you,
I'd just get rid of the wires and get a rechargeable electric
(non-self-propelled).

IME, self-propelled are a PITA in tight spaces unless you shell out the $$$ and
get something with a hydrostatic drive (e.g., Toro Personal Pace). And that's
just way overkill for a 50x120 yard (assuming that's feet...if it's meters then
a Toro Recycler might not be a bad way to go).