Regardless the size of the lawn, if you have been pushing a mower
without any complaint for many years, this means you don't need the
self-propelling funtionality. In this case, you can get a
battery-powered lawn mower. I used to use one and it was very quiet. I
could have used it early in the morning on a quiet Saturday without
disturbing anyone around me. I cannot do this with my gas powered
self-propelling lawn mower. I didn't have it now because its height
adjustment mechanism was broken and that specific model was
discontinued (no more spare part), and I wanted one that can
self-propel.

On the other hand, if you hope that your wife or your kid may help out
with mowing, you may want to get a self-propelling model in order to
give them one less excuse not to help.

Jay Chan

Garden wrote:
Hi,

I am in a market for buying lawnmower and at this point I am not sure if I
should consider self-propelled one or just push mower. Up to now I used
electric mower and it did good job, just I am tiered of wires hanging around
me - so I definatelly want gas mower. I want more freedome when mowing my
lawn. It is flat (no hills) land, 50x120 with the house in the middle and
pool in the corner. So there is not that much grass, but still... Now should
I consider buying self-propelled lawn mower? If yes, then it is better to
have front or back weels propelled? What else should I look in a grass
mower? I live in Ontario, Canada.

Thanks for all answers