This really depends on the type of equipment you want to buy. I have
honda engines on my pressure washer, generator and snowblower (all 4
cycle). Craftman 4 cycle edger and 4 cycle backup lawnmower.

My 2 cycle equipement consists of my lawnboy, echo weed wacker,
mccullen chainsaw and old backup snowblower.

The 2 cycle stuff is great with it being light weight and can really go
in any direction without the motor not being lubricated.

The 4 cycle really has the power though anything and really sips fuel.

In terms of maintence, 2 cycle is easier. The 4 cycle you need to
change the oil every year. But its rather easy to do anyway. Over the
long haul, I really go like honda engines. They beat the heck out of
briggs and tucemsen engine.