RBM

You are correct, you want the voltage to remain 16 and the amperage to
increase. I am not sure what wattage or VA is required for the units you
want to use, but you can wire additional transformers in parallel as well,
which will increase the amperage but not the voltage "DL"
wrote in message
"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in message
Aside from needing a transformer powerful enough for the additional
chimes, you need to run wires in parallel to each chime. Essentially in
the existing chime you have three terminals - Front-Trans- Rear, you need
to run wires from each of those terminals to the matching terminals on
your additional chimes
"DL" wrote in message
We would like to have several (3-4) chimes activated from a single
doorbell button. What would the best way to do this.

The searches I have done talk about a more powerful transformer, but no
specific wiring instructions.

RBM,

Thanks for the information, I will give that a try. I had tried something
close to this, but it didn't work.

As for the power of the transformer, what I see at the HD is that most all
run ate 16V and one has a tri-volt 8-16-24V. The two 16V units come in
10W or 15W respectively. Not sure about the watts on the tri-volt unit,
as I could not find any information on the packaging. Do I want more
volts or watts? My assumption is that the units work on a given voltage,
and the watts will give me the additional power I need.

Another thought I had was to use multiple transformers and split the wire
coming from the doorbell to two+ separate transformers that will in turn
go to their respective chimes.

Thanks,

David