Stormin Mormon

Depends on the skill level of the crooks in your area. I've been installing
Kwikset deadbolts for about 20 years. Used to like the Schlage line in the
80's, but they've gone to junk.
Medeco has higher pick and drill resistance. And some of their lines have
key control.

I live in a trailer park, and have had Kiwkset deadbolts on my doors for the
last 11 years. Of course, putting a $150 deadbolt on a plastic door in a
wood jamb doesn't make much sense.

Like you say, good neighborhood. I'd be tempted not to use Medeco.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"blueman" wrote in message
While visiting the local locksmith last week, he pressed very hard to
sell me Medeco locks, saying that he couldn't recommend anything else.

We live in a "nice" house in a safe, residential neighborhood, with an
up-to-date alarm system.

Is the Medeco lock that much better and worth it than "standard" lock
technologies or does the locksmith just get a better commission
selling higher-priced Medeco models?

Thanks