IMHO, yes, better cylinders are worth the money.

I actually prefer the Mul-T-Lock cylinders over Medeco.

Either one is good, though. They are harder to pick than
standard cylinders. Also, with Mul-T-Lock, you need a card
to duplicate the keys. That's supposed to prevent people
from making unathorized copies.

blueman wrote:
While visiting the local locksmith last week, he pressed very hard to
sell me Medeco locks, saying that he couldn't recommend anything

else.

We live in a "nice" house in a safe, residential neighborhood, with

an
up-to-date alarm system.

Is the Medeco lock that much better and worth it than "standard" lock
technologies or does the locksmith just get a better commission
selling higher-priced Medeco models?

Thanks