Stuart

Default Very OT - recovering data from a Compact Flash card

On Sun, 9 May 2004 16:29:21 +0100, "David W.E. Roberts"
wrote:

Hi,

Googling etc. as usual but I thought perhaps someone on this NG had already
"done it themself".

I have a digital camrea with compact flash cards.

Normally I read these using a PCMCIA adapter for the portable or a Lexar
Jumpshot USB adapter for the bigger boxes.

One card failed to work in the camera.

I checked it using the Lexar and the card seems to be corrupt, but there is
still data on there - about 2Mb on a 16Mb card.

'chkdsk' under Win2K and WinXP can't fix it.

'fsck' under Debian Linux (Knoppix 3.4) can't fix it either.

Anyone know of a good (free if possible) disc fixer which might be able to
recover the data?

Scrabbling desperately to stay within the NG remit, I suppose I could send
it off to a data recovery outfit but I would prefer to Do It Myself :-)

TIA

Dave R

This tryout might get you out a hole .
Stuart
http://www.pcinspector.de/smart_medi...y/uk/demo.html

--

"YESTERDAY is history,TOMORROW is a mystery,TODAY is a gift

That is why it is called the present "