Bill

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Also, is that laser tracker any use? I can see that it would be good if
it showed you where the blade was going to cut, but it is off set to the
side of the blade. That means that you need to make all your measurement
off set.

Is it adjustable? The lasers are of dubious value, IMO. It is supposed to
show the kerf of the blade so you can see where the actual cut is made.
That way, you put your cut line to one side or the other to make the cut.
If it is at least consistant you still may be able to use it.

I rechecked it. It has a parallax problem. The laser
isn't perfectly in line with the blade, so where it hits
depends on how far from the blade hub the line is. It
looks like it might almost work, but I don't think I
would try to use it on any really precision work.

Bill Gill