Colbyt

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi everyone,

I've been having the problem of having the chain from my toilet handle
getting caught underneath the flapper, thus preventing the flapper from
closing. A jiggle of the handle usually solves this, but I don't think
I should be having this problem.

When the flapper is closed, I have the chain adjusted so it is nearly
taut. When I press down the handle to flush and let go of the handle,
the handle immediately returns to its original position, therefore
creating a lot of slack in the chain which gets caught underneath the
open flapper. What's the solution to this chain problem?

Thanks,
Dave

You might try one of the flappers that uses the "rubber" chain. They tend
to float where the metal one sinks fast.

Colbyt